System requirements for Pogo and Compatibility Scan Tool
Browser/Operating System Not Supported! error
If you need help determining whether you can play Pogo games using your current (operating system) OS and browser, you can use the Pogo Compatibility Scan tool. This tool automatically scans your computer and browser to alert you if you might have trouble using Pogo.
At the bottom of the screen, you can find your computer’s System Information that can help identify if you’re using the correct software to play Pogo games.
Example of a scan
Pogo requirements for Windows
Here is a listing of Operating Systems and Browsers that are compatible to play Pogo games. If you’re using an Operating System or Browser not found in this list, you may need to switch to one of these.
Internet Explorer 11 (IE11)
Edge – Does not support Java games
Chrome – Does not support Java games
If you are using the Chrome or Edge browsers you can only play Flash games. Neither browser supports Java.
Find Flash games
Find Java games
Pogo requirements for Mac
Mac (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox
You need these specs to play HTML 5 games
8GB of system RAM
Chrome, Edge, or Firefox browser
Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6)
8GB of system RAM
Unsupported browsers for HTML 5
Internet Explorer 11
Old versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
It’s supported on Mac but not supported on Windows.
Pogo Compatibility Scan Tool overview
Pogo’s Compatibility Scan Tool helps make sure you are ready and able to play games on Pogo.com and avoid common, gameplay affecting issues such as:
- An outdated internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox, or operating system, such as Windows Vista, 7, or 8, or older versions of MacOS.
- An outdated or disabled version of Java or Flash.
Suboptimal screen resolution settings — the aspect-ratio of your computer screen, which controls how large or small items appear on your screen.
Find solutions to some of your incompatibility problems by clicking the Solve Problem link next to your error on the Compatibility Scan page. You can also find specific tips on fixing errors displayed by Pogo Compatibility Scan by finding the error below.
An error for a browser issue usually means your browser is out of date or not supported by pogo.com.
Download the latest updates for Windows and Mac supported browsers from the system requirements to play Pogo games article.
Find your web browser’s name and version in the System Information section of the Compatibility Scan page.
If you still have incompatibility issues after updating to the latest version of a supported browser and correcting other flagged errors, contact an EA advisor who will be happy to provide more help.
Java is one of the programming languages that make our games work.
Errors for Java issues usually mean you need an update to the latest version of Java, you need to clear your cache, or you’re playing on a browser that doesn’t support Java.
- Download the latest version of Java, or identify and uninstall out of date versions that may cause conflicts.
- Some browsers no longer support Java. Head to our article on Java support to see if your browser is affected.
- Read our other Java troubleshooting tips.
Your current version of Java, or information on if it’s installed, is in the System Information section of the Compatibility Scan page.
Operating System error
Operating System errors from the compatibility scan usually mean your OS is out of date or does not support the web browser you’re using.
Find operating systems supported for Pogo.com, along with which browsers work with your OS, in our system requirements to play Pogo games article.
Find your operating system and browser in the System Information section of the Compatibility Scan page.
If you still have issues when using a supported operating system along with its supported browser and correcting your other flagged errors, contact an EA advisor who will be happy to provide more help.
Adobe Flash is another of the programming languages that make our games work.
To play Pogo games that use Adobe Flash, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
Find your Flash Player version in the System Information section of the Compatibility Scan page.
Screen resolution settings determine your monitor’s aspect ratio, and how small or large windows, text, and images appear on your screen.
Some resolution settings can cause visibility problems when playing Pogo games.
Update your screen resolution settings to see your entire Pogo game window.
The minimum supported resolution for Pogo games is 800 by 600, though Club Pogo members are suggested to set their resolution to 1024 by 768 or higher, while Free Pogo members are should set theirs to 1152 by 864.
Reset your password or recover your Pogo screen name easily on one page.
To start, go to the Forgot your Password and Screen name? page and then follow the steps below.
Copy and paste a password reset link
- You should have received this email:
The section of text that starts with https followed by a string of characters and numbers is the link that you need to copy.
Move your mouse to the start of this text, just before the h.
Click and hold down the left button on your mouse, then move your mouse over the text, from left to right. The entire link should be highlighted in grey.
While the link is highlighted, hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and press C to copy the link.
Open a window on your browser to paste in the link.
Click on the address bar, hold down CTRL and press V to paste the link in the address bar.
Press Enter and you’ll be sent to the address to reset your password.
RECOVER YOUR PASSWORD
- Enter your Pogo screen name in the text field under the Forgot your Password? section.
- Click Submit.
RECOVER YOUR SCREEN NAME
Enter the email address you used for your Pogo account in the text field under the Forgot your screen name? section.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL
You will receive an email with the new information at the email address that you used for your Pogo account. If you do not receive this message:
- Be sure that you are checking the email address that you use for your Pogo account.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list so that the message is delivered to your inbox and not your spam folder.
Follow these steps to reach an EA Advisor and get help with your account.
- Click Contact Us at the bottom of this page.
- Select Pogo as your platform.
- Select Account Management as your topic and describe your issue.
- Example: “I can’t access my account, please help!”
- Click Next to reach the sign in screen.
- Since you don’t have your Pogo screen name and/or password click Having trouble accessing your account? at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the new window, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email Address, and click Next.
An EA Advisor will connect with you as soon as possible.
WHY POGO ACCOUNTS ARE EA ACCOUNTS
Pogo is owned by EA, and EA Network Accounts let you access all of EA’s sites, games, and services. After you update to your new account, you’ll sign in using your email address and Pogo password instead of your Pogo screen name and password. You’ll still be identified by your screen name in games and chats, and your email address won’t be visible to other players.
How do I know this change is coming from Pogo?
EA owns Pogo and we include our branding or copyright on emails and the Pogo website.
On the Pogo website you’ll see this copyright at the bottom of the page.
And you’ll see this logo and message on emails from us.
What does this change help with?
Connecting your Pogo account to an EA Account will help keep it more secure.
What can EA Accounts do?
THE CHANGE IS UNDERWAY
Some players have already set up their EA account. We’ll be helping more players in the coming months. You’ll see this screen when your account is ready for the update.
Things to know:
When it’s your turn to update you’ll do it during sign in.
Use your account like normal until you’re asked to update.
Sign in with your email and Pogo password to complete the process.
- We’ll ask you to choose a new password and security question.
- You’ll get an error if your computer tries to log you in with your old Pogo password. Make sure you delete the old password from your browser’s history.
THE NEW POGO SIGN IN PAGE
Here’s what it looks like:
At the bottom of the page is our logo and message that Pogo is part of the EA Network.
USE ONE POGO SCREEN NAME FOR EACH EMAIL ADDRESS
We’ll email you a list of your screen names, so you can link each to one email address. If you don’t have enough email addresses, you can make more with an email provider.
Follow these steps if you have more than one screen name connected to your email:
- Open www.pogo.com.
- Sign in with your email and password. (Remember this is the new log in info. Before this was your screen name and password.)
- Choose a different email address to go with each screen name.
- Make a note of which email belongs to which screen name and you’re all set!
Some helpful tips:
- EA advisors can delete Pogo accounts that you don’t want. Recover all your favorite accounts, then work with an Advisor to delete the others.
- Make a note of each Pogo account you have and its email address. You’ll need this info to log in with your screen names in the future.
I FORGOT MY POGO SCREEN NAMES
- Head to the “Forgot Your Screen Name” page.
- Enter your email address under Forgot your screen name?
- Check your email. If it’s linked to a Pogo account, we’ll send a list of your screen names and the last time you logged in with each.
- Check your spam filters and junk mail if you don’t see the email.
- Contact EA Help if you’re still missing your list.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
What if I don’t remember my password?
Click Log In next to the Origin logo at the top of this page and then the Forgot Your Password? link under the password field. Enter your email address and you’ll get an email with your EA Account password.
Why did I have to confirm my email address?
We asked to make sure it’s right, that you have access, and that nothing is spelled wrong. If your email address is old or you don’t have access, visit your My Accounts page to update it. This Pogo Insider Blog talks more about why we confirm email addresses.
Why is my password reset sending me to EA.com?
Pogo accounts are linked to EA and this should happen.
We always available 24/7
contact us for more detail about all of your problems